Friday, September 04, 2009

2009 - Gisela

Saying goodbye…


Ha. I don’t feel THAT strongly about it, but for ME – it’s time to give it a rest. I started this blog back on April 28, 2006 to see what all the fuss was about. Now I know. And I’ve enjoyed it.

I had been laid off by Cisco shortly before that, and, besides the obvious fun of sharing… well… myself with y’all, I think it simply felt familiar to get up in the morning and sit here in my little home office and do the ‘work’ of preparing the blog post for the day. That’s what I’ve been doing all my life! Getting up and going to work; usually to an office job.

But now it’s time to move on. Of course, I’ll reserve the right to come back some day if I want. :)

I’d like to thank all of you who have been with me. I know that my liberal political views don’t sit well with some of you but you have hung in there… probably for the food photos, eh?!?

I haven’t investigated Blogger to find out what happens when you shut down a blog, and I’m not in a hurry to do that either. (I might leave it up for a while just so I can play Hang Man!) So I suppose it might sit there ‘dead’ for a while until I decide it’s time to bury it. Of course you can NEVER truly bury anything you’ve put out into cyberspace… :)

Meanwhile, I was thinking I’d leave you with some of my favorite links. I have thousands, of course. You probably do, too. But to whittle them down…

My favorites on the subject of…


Personal Blogs


Webcams


Moving On

You’re always welcome to visit my little Posterous blog (which I expect to use like you would use Twitter, so, there could be more than 1 post per day – or none at all), my Flickr photos, and/or my YouTube videos.

Posterous blog

Flickr photos

YouTube videos


SO

I guess there’s just one thing left to say.

Welcome home, Jones Family! Welcome home!!

Oh sorry…
thought I was Ty Pennington for a minute there…

Thanks for hanging out with me!
Stay in touch.
You know how to find me.
nlind (at) telia (dot) com

Take care and

Stay out of jail!

:)

3 comments:

dennis said...

I am sad..........will miss keeping up with your life........what now?

Nikki said...

Not sure! But if there are any highlights, I reckon I'll be putting them on my Posterous blog. :)

sapphire said...

Good luck! Keep this blog around so that people can at least find it and read away. Maybe in several months you'll come back and post anyway. :)